Chandoo and I crossed paths online a few weeks ago and as it turns out I have basically found my clone from both a professional, and personal point of view. We spent about 90 minutes on the phone – first discussing how our paths crossed, and then I shared my top 10 no-Excel MS Office tips for Managers and Analysts.
The first 22 minutes is all about:
- the coincidences between myself and the host – Chandoo;
- my journey to where I am today – my time at Microsoft, the birth of TheNewPaperclip.com and the Data#3 Business Productivity Services team
- some commentary on Entrepreneurship vs Intrapreneurship
- Cycling and triathlon
Then for the last hour we get into the meat of the podcast for – my list of the Top 10 non-Excel MS Office tips for managers or analysts
- Using Excel to communicate
- Format Painter
- Double Clicking Format Painter
- Inserting Screenshots
- Turning off Notifications
- Replying with a Meeting
- Outline View
- Presenting Slides Online
- Using OneNote
I would love to hear your feedback (in the comments below) – this is the first time I have appeared as a guest on a podcast (and… um… I like… um realise that I aaagh and um a lot!). If you like Chandoo’s style – make sure you subscribe to his podcast and check out some of his earlier episodes.
Other options to subscribe
Follow Eric Lefkofsky for more info.